freenix: extended submission deadline

From: Niels Provos <provos_at_citi.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:13:08 -0400
Hello everyone,

the submission deadline for FREENIX has been extended to October 22nd. If
you have interesting work and that you would like to share with a wide
audience, I encourage you to submit a paper to FREENIX.  I have attached
the updated CFP below.

Looking forward to your submissions,
 Niels.

Call For Papers:
FREENIX Track
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix05/cfp/freenix.html
 FREENIX is the forum on free and open source software. We are looking
for papers providing practical and/or academic insight. FREENIX is an
excellent showcase for the latest developments in and interesting
applications of free and open source software. Any project with a focus
on software that is redistributable in source-code form and available
online is a good candidate for a FREENIX submission. (Submissions
focusing on proprietary software will not be accepted.) Projects that,
while not yet 100% finished, anticipate release in the near term are
also good candidates for FREENIX. Submission of any sort of free and
open source software-related work is encouraged, including:

 - Project reports
   - Academic studies and relevant theory
   - Usage and development experiences, both successful and unsuccessful

The emphasis of a FREENIX submission should be on clearly communicating
important and technically interesting software ideas to a broad
audience.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Submissions due Monday, October 22, 2004
Notification to authors Tuesday, December 7, 2004
Camera-ready papers due Thursday, February 24, 2005

Submission guidelines and a full list of suggested topics are available
on our website:
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix05/cfp/freenix.html

We look forward to your submissions

On behalf of the USENIX '05 Organizing Committee

Niels Provos
2005 FREENIX Program Chair