Re: PCIe chipsets supported?

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:16:11 -0600
Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone tried to install -CURRENT on a PC with any PCIe chipsets?
> If yes, how about xorg? Does it run? I'm thinking about upgrading my
> old stuff here.
>
> Martin

FreeBSD 5.3 definitely runs on the 7520 chipset, though features
specific to PCIe are not taken advantage of right now.  I'm working on
that.  The only problem that I have with it is that occasionally there
will be a panic in the ACPI code on shutdown.  I haven't tried X, but
I assume that it will work fine with the onboard ATI graphics chip.

Scott