Re: Panic with umass device - trace included - unable to obtain dump

From: Phil Schulz <ph.schulz_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:11:02 +0200
[Sorry about replying to myself...]

Phil Schulz wrote:
[...]
>  I've also added "dumpdev" and "dumpdir" to /etc/rc.conf, but after I
> `reset` the PC from the db> prompt, I don't get any core dumps in
> /var/core; savecore just says "no dumps found" on boot.
>  I've searched google and revealed [1]. I then tried to enter the
> debugger from the console and issued `panic` and I did get a core dump
> then.

[...]

Nevermind the thing about not getting a core dump... `call doadump` does
the trick. ;-)

Phil.

--
Did you know...

If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
but what's worse is when you play it forward....
                                      ...it installs Windows 2000

   -- Alfred Perlstein on chat_at_freebsd.org