From: Makoto Matsushita <matusita_at_jp.FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 05:03:34 +0900
I have a kernel module which is (maybe) built for FreeBSD 4.9, and
want to use the module on FreeBSD 6-current.  However, when I load the
module with kldload(8), I got following message on console and loading
is failed:

	link_elf: symbol BUS_READ_IVAR undefined

How can I do for linking this module to my 6-current kernel?  Since
this kernel module is provided as binary form only (there's no source
code available at this time), I cannot recompile it on 6-current.

Please note that this module just loads fine on 4.10.

P.S. for those interested: the module I'm trying to use is actually
VMware's "vmxnet.ko" virtual ethernet device driver.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita