Re: Problem with sata drive

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:04:51 +0200
Uroš Gruber wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've notice that freebsd from beta4 does not recognize my sata 150 drive
> anymore. With beta3 it works now with beta4 or beta5 there's only udma33.
>
> I have ICH6 chipset, is there anything I can do. here is my dmesg output

The ICH6 is not supported yet (ENOHW), so it will show up as a generic
ATA controller. However since all SATA controllers (at least until we
get SATA-II) always run the interface at 150MB/s thats what you will get
no matter what the probe says (unless you use old PATA disks with
PATA->SATA converter dongles).

-Søren