Re: 5.3-BETA5 Available

From: Chris Laverdure <dashevil_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:30:29 +0000
On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 03:15, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Ken Smith wrote:
> > *Clip*
> >
> > Fixes and Enhancements made since BETA4:
> >
> >     - Updated floppy device driver (testers trying out floppies on your
> >       systems would be appreciated).  This fixes a lot of problems with
> >       floppy drives not being probed/attached.
> >     - Fix for panics on certain hardware during boot if no media in the
> >       cdrom drive.
> >     - Change to pf logging format to handle 64-bit time.  If updating an
> >       older system remove /var/log/pflog before restarting pf.
> >     - Many more scheduler fixes, we encourage testers to turn PREEMPTION on.
>
> ummm no, today's testing shows that this may not be such a good idea..
> it produces problem in wierd places, such as the atapi driver.

Thank you Julian Elischer! I was just about to enable it again, but I
suppose that isn't exactly wise. Not that I mind having my system
rendered instable in the name of testing. But if there is no way the
information I provide out of it is going to help, then I shall not
torture myself.

Any specifics or just `problems'?