Re: How to autostart geom_stripe?

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:29:09 +0200
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:10:22AM -0400, Sven Willenberger wrote:
+> FreeBSD-5.3-Beta4
+> I created a striped volume, newfs and mounted it fine and added the
+> entry in /etc/fstab. (created using the label so as to write the
+> metadata to disk and with a name of "thevolume")
+>
+> I added geom_stripe_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf
+>
+> On bootup at the fsck stage, I get the message "could not stat /dev/
+> stripe/thevolume. From single user, geom stripe load will load the
+> device and start the stripe at which point all is fine again. My
+> question is, is there another flag I need to set to have this startup at
+> boot time?

I tracked down the problem and committed a fix to HEAD.
Thanks for the report!

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl