Re: Sound in FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2

From: Robin Schoonover <end_at_endif.cjb.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:57:03 -0600
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:32:01 -0600
Robin Schoonover <end_at_endif.cjb.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:35:06 +0300
> Danny Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > look at the dmesg, and search for pcm0, and see if all is ok.
> > in my case:
> > pcm0: <Nvidia nForce2> port 0xdc00-0xdc7f,0xd800-0xd8ff mem
> > 0xdd081000-0xdd081fff irq 20 at device 6.0 on pci0
> > pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> > pcm0: cannot reset channel 0
> > pcm0: unable to initialize the card
> > device_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
> >
> > by chance, i disabled agp and sound is now working!
>
> Does anyone know what causes this?  I'm in the same boat (same > chipset, same problem), and I'd like to have both sound and agp > enabled.

Ok, weird.  A combination of one or more of the follow things fixed it:
 o Updated from BETA3 to BETA4
 o decompiled agp out, but now loading as a module at startup
 o changed video cards to an older video card.

So whatever it is, I now have agp and sound working both at the same
time.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#