Re: sparc64 buildworld is broken?

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin_at_savvis.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:00:37 -0700
Hello,

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 2:00 PM -0700 9/20/04, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>
>> i'm trying to upgrade couple of sun netra's here and having
>> troubles with 'make buildworld'.
>>
>> netra1# uname -a
>> FreeBSD netra1 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0: Tue Feb 24
>> 07:47:33 GMT 2004
>> root_at_bobbi.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64
>>
>> it always stops at '===> lib/libmagic (all)'. the last few
>> lines are below. complete buildworld output can be found at
>>
>> http://mumu.org/~myevmenk/buildworld.txt
>
> I have only glanced at this, but here's my standard question:
> What release are you trying to build?  You are starting at a
> 5.2.1-release system, but what are you updating to?

err, sorry... for some reason i thought it was clear :) yes, i'm trying
to build 6-current cvsup'ed few hours ago.

> The little that I can add is that I just finished a buildworld on
> sparc64 last night, and it seemed to go fine.  It takes me about 9
> hours to do a complete buildworld, so I can't say if it is broken
> right now.  In my case, I was building a 6.x-current system, but
> there would be several extra steps that you really must do if you
> are upgrading from 5.2.1-release to 5.x-latest or 6.x-current...

ok, what exactly is required? i quickly glanced at UPDATING and
UPDATING.64BTT and did not find anything related. perhaps i missed it?

> Also note that there is a mailing list for sparc64 questions.  I
> suspect that most sparc64 developers are also following this
> mailing list, but I can not say that for sure.

yes, but its really a build issue (i think), and, most likely my fault
:) i'm new to sparc64 :)

max