BETA4 Vi backspace behavior

From: Mike B <meb_at_cinci.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:51:48 -0400
Sorry if this is already addressed or is a non-issue. If I enter text
into vi (or vim for that matter) and hit the backspace key the cursor
runs over the text but does not remove it from the screen. If I then hit
escape after backing over all of this text it is then, and only then,
removed from the buffer. On my 4.x  systems vi and vim work as I expect
with no intervention on my part. My term is set to cons25 btw. Thanks

Mike