Re: ACPI not working for shutdown -p

From: Jason Porter <leporter_at_xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:30:36 -0600
Nope, still no go.  It gives me a timeout whenever it tries to shutdown,
I don't know if that has anything to do with the timeout tables, I'd
assume so, but I haven't the slightest idea on how to fix that.  I'm
still confused as to why it doesn't work on FreeBSD, but the Windows
drive I have shuts down the machine just fine.  Oh well.  Thanks for the
help though.

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Jason Porter <leporter_at_xmission.com> writes:
>

>>I had things working just fine before, then I rebuild my kernel and I
>>don't know what happened, but I can't get ACPI to turn off the computer
>>anymore.  I'm running a 5.3BETA3 from Sept 9 and I'm on an ASUS A7S333.
>> I'll include the dmesg report, if anyone has any questions, let me
>>know, thanks.
>

> Try adding the following line to /boot/loader.conf.local and see if that
> helps, I've needed this line with an A7V600-X but haven't recently (in
> BETA) checked if it's still needed (dual-boot machine which usually sees
> reboot, not halt -p):
>
> hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff="0"

-Jason Porter