Pccard / 3COM 574B

From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen_at_math.missouri.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:46:51 -0500
I just installed FreeBSD 5.3-Beta5 on my Dell Inspiron 7500, which has a
3Com 574B ethernet card in it.  I am having some problems with it.

1)  If I load the GENERIC kernel it doesn't find the card - instead I
get a "CIS is too long" message.  I put some debug statements in the
kernel code, and tuple.code (in hex) is something like 40 7 0 0 2 0 0
... then repeat this as often as PCCARD_CIS_SIZE allows.

2)  FreeBSD-5.2.1-RELEASE does usually detect the card as ep0.

3)  If I use the OLDCARD kernel it also sometimes detects the card.  But
not always - particularly after switching the computer off and then on
again.  I am almost thinking that the ethernet card is faulty.  But so
far Windows 2000 has never failed to find the ethernet card.

Any suggestions?

Stephen