Re: Is HostRAID supported under FreeBSD???

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd_at_jdc.parodius.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:41:37 -0700
Yes, it is supported, however the RAID portion is not.  I'm still
waiting on Soren and crew to get metadata support for the RAID portion
of the ICH5-R -- this RAID controller is purely software-based, it is
not a hardware RAID solution.

In English: the controller will work fine as a standalone SATA
controller, with the RAID option disabled.  We have a couple SuperMicro
5013C-T servers which do this.  You can use FreeBSD software RAID
(ataraid, ccd, or vinum) to accomplish goals instead.

If Soren needs hardware to play with, I can gladly send him a
P4-based motherboard.  RAM and CPU will be his own problem though... :)

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |