Re: Detaching USB stick crashes BETA4/BETA5

From: Chris Pepper <pepper_at_reppep.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:57:17 -0400
	This week, guest (an HP 7915) is crashing when I switch my
USB KVM to/from it. This wasn't a problem a week ago.

	The logs of two crashes and a dmesg are at
<http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/guest/20040922>. The second happened
not when I switched the IOGear 2-port KVM and it attached to the
system, but when I detached it again; I didn't notice if the first
crash was on attachment or detachment.

	I cvsupped against RELENG_5 last night. I will confirm the
problem persists with RELENG_5, then try the patch Warner suggested.
Additional suggestions for shooting this trouble are welcome.

	The kernel & world are from a Sep 19 cvsup. No local patches,
and the kernel config is posted in the same place.

>FreeBSD guest.reppep.com 5.3-BETA4 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA4 #5: Wed Sep 15
>03:08:50 EDT 2004
>root_at_guest.reppep.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/REPPEP5  i386

						Regards,

						Chris Pepper
--
Chris Pepper:               <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/>