[**HEADS UP**] PowerPC and ARM removed from RELENG_5 (5-STABLE)

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:52:12 -0700
With the blessing of Core and Release Engineer Scott Long, the PowerPC
and ARM platforms have been removed from the RELENG_5 branch.
This means there will be no 5.3-RELEASE versions of these two platforms.

I mention this because you may notice tags being removed on your next
CVSup of the CVS repository.  And I do not wany anyone to be alarmed.

Our PowerPC platform isn't quite up to FreeBSD release levels of support.
Our ARM platform is still rather embryonic and it should surprise no one
there won't be a 5.3-RELEASE of it.

The action of removing them from the RELENG_5 branch does not mean we
cannot add either of these platforms to RELENG_5 at a later time to
produce a 5.x release when the PowerPC platform developers, the Release
Engineer, and Security Officer feels the platform is ready.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)