5.3-BETA4: System halts with mlx and de _at_same IRQ

From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann_at_ans-netz.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:11:49 +0200
Hi,

I've and ANA-6944A/TX and a Mylex 960DAC. mlx and some of the de's ar both
on irq 10.
When I plug the cable out of one of the deX ports, and back in an other
port, the system freezes. It only happens with taking cable out. I'm
actually working through 2 of 4 ports, plugging on of them out... freeze.
I've no experience with other FreeBSD versions because I own that card
since today...

(written from screen)

de3: link down: cable problem
mlx0: controller wedged (not taking commands)
mlx0: I/O error unknown response: 0xdead for command 0x83
mlx0: controller wedged (not taking commands)
mlx0: I/O error unknown response: 0xdead for command 0x83
mlx0: controller wedged (not taking commands)
mlx0: I/O error unknown response: 0xdead for command 0x83

It's of course reproduceable. Please find dmesg attached. I'll go and
build an kernel with debugging stuff on... but the system doesn't panic,
so I've no idea what I can do for more debugging, do you?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/