Re: re0 device txcsum issue

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:52:34 -0700
Sean McNeil wrote this message on Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 15:20 -0700:
> Is anyone willing to work with me to help trace down this problem?  It
> has been outstanding for a long time and I would dearly like it fixed.
> I'm willing to help in any capacity to trace down the culprit.
>
> To recap, on the re0 device (possibly others) running -current on an
> amd64 processor there are times when udp packets get improper checksum
> calculations with txcsum set for the interface.  This causes a deadlock
> in nfs as the client just contunuously requests this packet and it is
> rejected because of the checksum being bad.

I have recently been working with the re driver, so I'm somewhat familar
with the driver.  I haven't seen any issues, but I also don't have an
AMD64 system to test with.

Have you tried to find out if it is packet size related?  are you
trying to use jumbo frames?  rwatson committed netsend to the src/tools
tree that could help this, and I have attached udpcheck.py which is
a client/server script to test/verify packet sizes of difference
sizes.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579