Re: Xorg Packages on 5.3-beta5

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:50:18 -0400
On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:11:19AM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Installing onto a new single-athlon system.  i386, not amd64.
> All the packages that it complained about as missing were Xorg.
> Some other packages were there, but failed due to dependencies
> on the missing Xog packages.  Might have been that the INDEX was
> out of date?

Ok, I'm not sure about i386.  Depending on a variety of things it
can wind up being a bit of a challenge assembling the package sets
for these early BETAS.

That said, if anyone tests out the Alpha package set and finds
problems I'd like to hear about it.  I'll probably do another
build of those after portmgr_at_ tags the tree for the release but
I'll do it exactly the same way as the packages that Wilko put onto
the BETA5 iso's.  If there is something wrong with them I need
to find out about it. :-)

> And I then went to install ports, the install of cvsup failed.
> Maybe that should be cvsup-without-gui ?  (or was it there, and
> I just selected the wrong package?  I am tired enough right now
> that I might not have noticed a without-gui package...)

Sorry but do you mean 'port' (as in building from /usr/ports) or
package (using pkg_add)?  If you mean package the disc1 package
set includes cvsup but not cvsup-without-gui.  There should have
been a cvsup-without-gui available in /usr/ports to build from.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu