HEADS UP: if your buildworld fails with "gensnmptree: not found"

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:46:11 +0300
Hi there,

There was a small timeframe of five days between revs. 1.306 and 1.312
of src/usr.bin/Makefile where we were mistakenly skipping building the
"gensnmptree" tool.  If you are as anal like me and Doug, and clean up
after installworld by removing old stuff, you might have removed the
installed copy of /usr/sbin/gensnmptree, and this will now cause your
buildworld to fail.  If you hit this, just do:

  cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/bsnmpd/gensnmptree && make all install clean

This will fix your buildworld.

Since the timeframe is very small, and the expected number of people
doing regular "installworld cleaning" is even smaller, we don't feel
like it's worth a "fix" in Makefile.inc1 (it's possible), nor an
UPDATING entry.  This HEADS UP should suffice.  ;)

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org