Re: Sound performance problems in FreeBSD

From: Suleiman Souhlal <ssouhlal_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:12:18 -0400
Hello,

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 22:53, Ryan Freeman wrote:

> and i get the nice "person being removed from the matrix" effect. haven't yet
> +tried
> the patch, but i want to get on that asap. can anyone else verify that the patch
> works? and furthermore, is it going to be worked into the freebsd source
> +post-haste? ;) thanks,

>From what I've heard, the patch works, up to a certain point: it will
not get completely rid of skips.
Also, it will certainly not be committed, as it's just a quick hack to
test a theory. I do however plan on removing Giant from sysctl in the
correct way, as soon as I find some time.

--
Suleiman Souhlal    | ssouhlal_at_vt.edu
The FreeBSD Project | ssouhlal_at_FreeBSD.org