Re: Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' ... (Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 available)

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:45:12 +0200
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:52:24AM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Perhaps you accidentally installed a package for 5.2.1-Release at some point
> (qt is a likely candidate). Or you started out with 5.2.1-Release, upgraded
> to your several 5.3-BETA stages and never actually recompiled your ports and
> you have lots of linkage to libc_r left - if so, you should really do it soon
> (you can check easily by ldd'ing stuff in /usr/local/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib -
> if you have lots of stuff linking to libc_r, you're in for a portupgrade -fa.
> Make sure to comment out all lines in /etc/libmap.conf before doing the
> ldd-thing though: libmap will affect ldd as well and you'll get false results
> if it's active.

O.k. I understand. You'll certainly right on this ...
Yes, I upgraded OS and ports not.
So portupgrade -af is very likely.
Without the entry in /etc/libmap.conf the re-compilation of
all ports was not possible because of the described error during
compilation.

One final question.

Do I need to comment out the entries in libmap.conf before
doing the portupgrade -fa

I fear without that mapping the portupgrade will fail.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/