Re: Software RAID1 with atacontrol

From: Thomas Pornin <maillist+fc_at_bolet.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:05:11 +0200
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:17:34PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I can only suggest gmirror(8):)

That's my next step, but I confess that I find this message a bit scary:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1095762299.00135859.1095751801%4010.7.7.3

I want RAID1 so that downtime is minimized in case of disk crash. If
the machine cannot boot with one disk, this goal is not fulfilled. And
having the root filesystem unmirrored (and just manually duplicated)
is a bit cumbersome and raises some issues (e.g., the root filesystem
reference in /etc/fstab).

Is there any clue about when this will be fixed ? (Maybe it is done
already...)

	--Thomas Pornin