Re(2): panic: sorele

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:17:59 -0700
Robert Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>

>>Does anybody know what is panic: sorele? :)
>

> It's the result of an inconsistency detected by the kernel regarding
> kernel invariants for sockets.  The somewhat uninformative nature of the
> message is historical, and should probably be fixed.  If this is
> reproduceable, could you rebuild your kernel with INVARIANTS support, as
> well as DDB so you can generate a stack trace and other debugging
> information (or, if you have a core, could you use gdb to extract
> debugging information per the Handbook?)

I dont know why this error occur's but it happened again! So I guess I
am able to reproduce the error easily in every 3-5 days. :) Because the
machine is crashing every 3-5 days...

The thing is that I am not able to get a kernel dump.
Although I have set the
dumpdev="/dev/ad0s1b"
dumpdir="/usr/crash"
in /etc/rc.conf
What I get is:
Sep 27 18:06:59 proxy savecore: no dumps found

Do I have to compile in something into the kernel so that it will be
able to make a dump or?

Do I have to set something else to be able to get a kernel dump? Can you
please help me out here? I have created the /usr/crash directory and
there is lots of space in /usr partition(50gbyte) and the swap device is
/dev/ad0s1b and it is 16gbytes and 3gbytes physical RAM is installed in
the machine, so everything should be ok.

Yet I am not able to get any crash dumps in /usr/crash directory. So
what am I missing?

Thanks,
Evren