Re: Laptop recommendations?

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:13:53 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20040927111438.GA865_at_genius.tao.org.uk>
            Josef Karthauser <joe_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: My previous machine was a Sony Vaio which I loved, but was fairly
: expensive and the repair support wasn't very good.  Dell's support was
: much better and I'd prefer a Dell I think, but I don't know whether more
: recent models fair better with power management support, etc.

So far my Sony PCG-Z1WA has been trouble free.  More trouble free than
my 505TS ever was.

My Dell	i8k died the first of the year (just before I had to travel to
Taiwan to give a talk), so I have no clue how well it works these
days.  I'm about to find out how well the Dell i8200 works, however,
since I'm just waiting for a video card to arrive for the parts I've
cobbled together.

Warner