Re: CD9660 Issue

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:49:45 -0700
In message <4158A4F5.6030204_at_gamersimpact.com>, Ryan Sommers writes:
> Cy Schubert wrote:
>
> >Has anyone experienced this with CURRENT as of last week?
> >
> >FreeBSD cwsys 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Sep 21 21:26:33 PDT
> >2004     root_at_cwsys:/export/obj/opt/src/cvs-current/src/sys/KOMQUATS  i386
> >
> >I mount a CDROM using cd9660, no options. Open fails.
> >
> >#include <stdio.h>
> >#include <fcntl.h>
> >
> >main()
> >{
> >        if (open("/cdrom/dbed_ora.3.5.sol.CD.tar.Z",O_RDONLY)) {
> >                perror("open error");
> >        }
> >}
> >

> >The app returns open error: Operation is not supported.
> >

> >Cheers,
> >Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
> >Web:  www.komquats.com and www.bcbodybuilder.com
> >FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy_at_FreeBSD.org>   Web:  www.FreeBSD.org
> >BC Government:  <Cy.Schubert_at_gems8.gov.bc.ca>
> >
> >    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
> >    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
> >    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
> >        -- Dave Draper
> >

> Shouldn't that be if (open(...) < 0)?
>
> Open return a positive value if the open succeeded.

You are correct. Actually my problem is that tar, cp, dd, and cat all
return the same result. My test app was specifically designed for this
list. I fixed my test app. It returns the same result.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

main()
{
        if (open("/cdrom/dbed_ora.3.5.sol.CD.tar.Z",O_RDONLY) < 0) {
                perror("open error");
        }

When I get home tonight I will try this out on my systems there. I doubt
that the SCSI cd driver will produce any different results than the acd
driver on my system here at work does.

I've tried other CDs, all to no avail (I thought it was the Oracle CD I was
using at first but RedHat CDs exhibit the same behaviour).