Re: Laptop recommendations?

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:00:49 +0200
On 2004-09-27 14:57:30 (-0700), George Hartzell <hartzell_at_kestrel.alerce.com> wrote:
> Sean McNeil writes:
> > On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:16, George Hartzell wrote:
> > > Except for the D#_at_% caps lock key.  It's IN THE WRONG PLACE and apparent
> > > best tool for swapping it around (uControl) doesn't work reliably and
> > > the dang led stays on anyway....
> >
> > Huh?  I'm looking at my powerbook right now and the caps lock key is in
> > the exact same place as it is on my logitec keyboard and my compaq laptop.
> > Only difference that I see is the backspace key says delete and there is
> > no "delete" key that kills the character on the cursor.
>
> Yeah, I'm an old weirdo [who also uses emacs a lot].

I feel your pain :-P

> I grew up with the control key being that big sucker just to the left of the
> 'A' key, and reaching down and under to the bottom row bothers my left
> wrist/hand.

A lot of people look at me very strangely when I tell them that I map 'that
big key' (whether it's a control on unix keyboards or a capslock on newer pc
keyboards) to send escape.  It makes working in vi a lot more fun :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip_at_freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #213:
    Change your language to Finnish.