Re: mpd(NETGRAPH) and -current issues

From: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_Reifenberger.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:30:33 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:23:51 -0700
> From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
> To: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_Reifenberger.com>
> Cc: archie_at_freebsd.org, freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: mpd(NETGRAPH) and -current issues
>
> Michael Reifenberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>> after upgrading my DSL-Gateway to -current (had -current as of july
>> before)
>> I experienced two things with mpd-3.16:
>
> one assumes you followed the UPDATING instructions and compiled an new mpd
> (and maybe a new libnetgraph)?

mpd was old(3.16). kernel and libs where new.
I realized too late (after reboot) that I would need to recompile mpd
(which is at 3.18 ATM) which I couldn't fetch in lack of internet connection
and 3.16 doesn't compile under -current....

> well that is obviously a bug, no matter what mpd does.. it shouldn't be able
> to cause a crash..

Yes. A panic is a panic and shouln'd be possible from userland apps...

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger_at_plaut.de | Priv: Michael_at_Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com