Re: panic: sorele

From: Vlad <marchenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:03:19 -0400
Ok,

as far as I can see FreeBSD kernel represent it like another CPU so
the situation should be similar to a true SMP box. You might want to
disable HTT in your kernel and that should fix 'panic: solere' problem
same way as it does fix panic for me when run on a sinlge CPU in true
SMP server. Give it a try :)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:45:04 -0700, Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> wrote:

> >> it looks like you do have at least two CPUs... cpu#1 is a second CPU,
> >> or I'm mistaken?
> >>

> > Like I said, it is this hyperthreading from intel. Look from google for
> > hyperthreading. It is suppose to improve performance but who knows...
> >
> > -e-

Vlad