Re: odd cvsup error. (cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org)

From: John <strgout_at_unixjunkie.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:11:08 -0500
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:34:14AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> On 20-Sep-2004 John wrote:
> > Is this anything to worry about?
> >
> > Connected to cvsup.freebsd.org
> > Updating collection src-all/cvs
> >  Edit src/include/Makefile
> > Cannot calculate checksum for "/usr/src/share/man/man9/store.9": Operation not
> > supported
> >
> > No other file shows that. I rm.ed (didn't run chflags) said file and reran cvsup
> > and it ran fine.
>
> It would have been nice to have seen an "ls -lo" on that file.  It
> sounds like it mysteriously became a directory, or something like
> that.
>
> John

Well looks like i've hit it again.

Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Cannot calculate checksum for "/usr/ports/sysutils/dim/distinfo": Operation not supported
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

localhost# ls -lo /usr/ports/sysutils/dim/distinfo
s-wxr-----  1 root  wheel  - 72 Aug 17 22:03 /usr/ports/sysutils/dim/distinfo

Any idea why that would be a socket? I don't really know why i'm using a uk
server seeing as i'm in the us, but i can't see uk bits being that much
different from us bits. :)

btw i haven't deleted said file this time in case someone wants to look at it.