Re: NFS with 5.3-B6

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Jamie Bowden wrote:
>
>> 10:28am ghast  /boot/kernel %kldload nfsclient.ko
>> kldload: can't load nfsclient.ko: No such file or directory
>
> Damnit, this was my problem.  Is ther eany particular reason why
> mergemaster doesn't update loader.rc?

mm only knows about things that are built and installed through
src/etc/Makefile. It would be possible to add other Makefiles to that
mix, but what I want to be very careful NOT to do is to give mm a bunch
of "special knowledge" about various files in the system because that
becomes very hard to keep up to date, deal with upgrades across
milestones, etc.

That said, I think that the issue of mm updating loader.rc has come up
in the past, and it was vetoed by people who understand the loader stuff
a lot better than I do.

Doug