Re: HEADS UP: named now runs chroot'ed by default

From: Matt Smith <matt_at_xtaz.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:44:35 +0100 (BST)
Another quick question about this. I run the ports version of bind9
however I still leave all the base stuff installed during installworld as
one day I might want to use it. All I do is add the following in rc.conf:

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_flags="-c /usr/local/etc/named/named.conf -u bind"

and all my zone files and pid files etc are in /usr/local/etc/named.

I am wondering how these changes will affect this setup? Is there anything
special I need to do when I next installworld (and get the new bind9
stuff). I'm currently on 5.3-BETA6 from before it was commited.

Matt.