Re: freebsd naming of releases

From: Chris <chrcoluk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:39:43 +0100
Well you cannot change how people think and act, rather then changing
the way thousands of people think I think its better to change how the
naming is done on non stable releases, what happened with 5.x was that
it was named to get more people to use and as such more testing but
they were fooled into thinking it was based on stable code and so we
seen mass datacentres and individual users using 5.1 and 5.2 for
production use, then when 5.3 did the library version bump lots of
issues arose from it because so many people were using 5.1 and 5.2.

Chris