Re: Marvell Yukon driver

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 01:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Andrey Chernov wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know, is "Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit LAN" supported
>> by some of -current ethernet drivers or not? If not, is it just matter of
>> detection (i.e. new PCI ID can be added to some existen driver) or whole
>> driver must ve written from scratch? (This is popular controller embedded
>> to many ASUS boards like P5GD2)
>
> The short answer: won't work.
>
> More information can be found on
> * http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/if_sk.html
> * http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-January/thread.html#71195

Bjoern,

May I suggest that you have a look at what the official drivers from
Marvell do in their linux 2.6 source package which can be found at
http://www.marvell.com/drivers/upload/install-8_13.tar.bz2

I happen to have such a Yukon card in two of my personal dual Xeons (bling
& lexi) that I would love to get working.

I am really in a timecrunch period at work. If I wasn't I would be hacking
away at this right now...

Thanks,
Andy