Re: Can't change partition table anymore

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:34:33 +0400
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:47:03PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Only the most orthodox darwinists argue that guns should be sold
> armed and loaded from curb-side, child-height baskets.

Before the idea to buy a gun comes to your mind, you need to realise that
you ever need a gun in that particular case which may looks quite usual
and similar to others. If you meet a dog on the street, you can use the
stick to get rid of, but you got unpleasant surprise if you try to use the
same stick against huge bear /as you made/treat it/. Moreover, you
remember that this stick works against any creature before for years. You
are in danger. Then imagine that you don't ever know about guns used
against animals (it is secret arcane knowledge not written in any book but
spreaded as word of mouth). Then imagine that you have only few seconds to
decide.

[I skip the part explaining which is what in that allegory]

In that situation any normal man drops FreeBSD CD in the trashcan and
install Linux which don't have such aggressive illogical "protection".

--
http://ache.pp.ru/