Re: msdosfs or ehci corruption?

From: Skip Ford <skip.ford_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 01:17:16 -0400
Mike Silbersack wrote:
> I just ran into a problem on my laptop with a March 30th build of current,
> using ehci.  I tried mving a bunch of files and directories to my usb
> thumb drive (which is using msdosfs), and mv returned a few errors about
> files with that name already existing.

I ran into an odd situation with msdosfs as well within the last
few days which sounds related.

While playing tunes from an msdosfs, some files played the wrong
song.  Mplayer indicates it's playing one song, while another one
comes out the speakers.  It's as though mplayer tries to open one
file, but another gets opened instead.  When attempting to play
~60 files in an msdos directory, for ~10 of them the music
didn't match the filename mplayer indicated it was playing.
The same doesn't happen for files in UFS directories.

Perhaps in your case, the same thing is happening to mv(1).

My last kernel, dated Feb 14, didn't exhibit this behavior.  My
current kernel is from Apr 2.  I didn't install any in the middle
of that range.

--
Skip