Re: msdosfs or ehci corruption?

From: Skip Ford <skip.ford_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:13:13 -0400
Mike Silbersack wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Skip Ford wrote:
>
> >I ran into an odd situation with msdosfs as well within the last
> >few days which sounds related.
>
> I'm not crazy!  Whoo!

I thought it was me!  My eyes were reading one song title and my
ears were hearing a completely different song...

> Is yours on a USB connected drive, or a drive connected via ata/scsi?  If
> yours is ata/scsi, then we can eliminate USB from the problem.

Mine's ata.

I did a little more testing.  In my case, the same files are
always affected.  Those files do appear identical, other than the
names.  They're the same size and there's no difference in contents.

However, the affected files can swap contents.  IOW, two files
with different names will have the same contents which match one
of the two original files, but then both files will switch
contents to the other original file's contents.

So, there doesn't appear to be any on-disk corruption.  The
contents of both original files are still there.

--
Skip