Re: msdosfs or ehci corruption?

From: Rudolf Cejka <cejkar_at_fit.vutbr.cz>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:53:57 +0200
Mike Silbersack wrote (2005/04/05):
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Skip Ford wrote:
> >I ran into an odd situation with msdosfs as well within the last
> >few days which sounds related.
> I'm not crazy!  Whoo!
> Is yours on a USB connected drive, or a drive connected via ata/scsi?  If
> yours is ata/scsi, then we can eliminate USB from the problem.

Hi, I'm not sure, if it is the same problem, but we tried to export msdosfs
(on ata drive) via samba from FreeBSD 5.3, but there was too much data
corruption and problems. We switched msdosfs partitions to ufs and the
server runs without problems since then.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology