Re: Can't change partition table anymore

From: Miguel Mendez <flynn_at_energyhq.es.eu.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:38:36 +0200
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:32:05 +0200
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

Sorry for jumping a bit late into this.

> Somebody who reads the above part of this email carefully, they can
> find at least three things to work on in the above message, but to
> avoid any transmission loss on this message, I will spell it out
> very clearly:
>
> 1.  Improve on sysinstall to do more of the right thing when used
>     on a running system.
>
> 2.  Improve the userinterface of fdisk.
>
> 3.  Improve the userinterface of sysinstall.

What about bsdinstaller? (http://bsdinstaller.org)

sysinstall code has rotten over the years, it's not what I'd call
easily maintainable code, IMVHO adopting bsdinstaller would be a good
move because it would avoid duplicating work, that is if people can get
past the NIH syndrome and certain committers' aversion to everything
that comes from the DF camp. NetBSD's sysinst + sushi is a good
candidate too.

Cheers,
--
Miguel Mendez <flynn_at_energyhq.es.eu.org>
http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org