Re: Panic on mount with write-locked USB media (umass)

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:55:33 +0200
In message <200504060845.j368jXiU001289_at_peedub.jennejohn.org>, Gary Jennejohn writes:
>Robert Watson writes:
>> I wonder if a useful middle ground is to adopt (1) above except in the
>> case of perenially read-only file systems (cd9660), in which case (2) is
>> adopted?
>>

>It sure would be nice if one could mount an ISO-image (vnode-backed md)
>RW.

All it takes is somebody to rewrite cd9660 to be a r/w filesystem :-)

It's not trivial though, because iso 9660 is essentially a sequential
archive with a index up front, so if you change the size of one file
all the ones after it move as well.  I guess as long as you don't
want to make any files longer it would be relatively possible.