Re: Reproducible sig 11 with bash2

From: James Snow <snow_at_teardrop.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:14:43 -0400
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:01:56PM -0400, Mike Jakubik wrote:

> I ran in to this odd problem by making a typo. By following the below
> steps, bash2 will exit with signal 11 and dump core. The user will get
> booted out of the system if it is their primary shell.

I've encountered a similar problem, also only present under -current. I
wasn't going to bother reporting it because, well, it's -current. But I
figured I'd at least corroborate your posting.

Write a short for loop, hit the up arrow to bring it back from command
history, make a change, hit return, dump core:

x40:~> bash
bash-2.05b$ for ((i=0; $i<2; i=$i+1))
> do
> echo $i
> done
0
1
bash-2.05b$ for ((i=0; $i<2; i=$i+1)); do echo 0$i; done
Bus error (core dumped)
x40:~>

I had thought about enabling debugging symbols in the bash port and
taking a stab at debugging it, but I haven't gotten around to it.

-Snow