Re: vesa 1024x768 mode in future version? to the freebsd community

From: Travis Poppe <tlpbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:15:08 -0600
I would also love to see these patches committed and ready to use in a
future release. I've been wanting to see this functionality since I
started using FreeBSD five or so years ago.

Myself and a friend have used these patches for quite some time now
with no known stability issues. They work just fine. There is a minor
problem with audio and scrolling (the audio breaks up and becomes
distorted), but this is a problem I have had with audio in many other
every day scenarios as well. Search the -CURRENT mailing lists and you
should find a few posts I've written about this audio problem, as well
as posts by many others.

At least three people ask me on a regular basis if these have been
committed, as I keep a close eye on them. It would be highly
appreciated by many if this functionality were included.

Thanks,

-Travis Poppe