Re: xl(4) & polling

From: Rob <spamrefuse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:54:20 -0700 (PDT)
Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2005 Christopher Nehren wrote:
>
>>On 2005-03-24, Ruslan Ermilov scribbled these
>>curious markings:
>>
>>> Those of you wishing to try your xl(4) card under
>>> polling(4) are welcome to test this patch:
>>
>> Can I apply this to my RELENG_5 box without making
>> the machine melt? If so, I'll start testing
>> immediately with my handy-dandy just-found spare
>> xl (3C905-TX).

I have a dual-homed router+NAT, which has two
3C905B-TX lan cards. I never have considered polling,
because it was not supported for these cards; hence I
have little knowledge about it.

I am considering this patch on my 5.3-STABLE router.
Is there a proper test I can do to verify that the
polling is indeed working as expected?

Thanks,
Rob.

PS: if this makes it into the official sources, then
    don't forget to also add xl(4) to the polling(4)
    manpage.