Re: Serial console install

From: Michael Vince <mv_at_roq.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:50:26 +1000
Also I would like to make aware to the discussion IPMI which I believe
in Version 2 has console support,
This stuff seems to be the future of serial console, I have found it
frustrating that Dell sell most of their servers with only 1 serial
port, I believe there excuse is IPMI.

http://people.freebsd.org/~dwhite/ipmi/
http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ipmi/
http://www.freebsdsystems.com/ipmi-tech.php