Re: Potential source of interrupt aliasing

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon_at_apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
    Sheesh Scott, you don't have to be nasty about it.  I'm just trying to
    help.  I've seen billions of interrupt routing related problems but
    not one interrupt aliasing issue.

    What I/O APIC chipset and stepping does Doug have on that motherboard?
    Intel has a ton of errata for their I/O APICs.  I see a mention of
    having to turn off earlier revs of the chip and revert to legacy
    'boot interrupt' operation, but that's the only mention I see,
    and it's only for old versions (< B-0 stepping) of the 80332.

    Still, perhaps the BIOS is doing this even with later revs of the chip
    in the MB.

    There's a reference to the '80332 I/O Processor' developers manual which
    implies a more detailed explanation of 'boot interrupt' operation.

    http://www.intel.com/design/iio/specupdt/27392703.pdf

						-Matt