Re: gstat shows > 100% busy

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:52:25 -0700
Ivan Voras wrote this message on Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 01:02 +0200:
> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
> >The reason gstat shows >100% busy is that there are some outstanding
> >requests. (the 2 in the left hand column).
> >
> >I tried to make the statistics collection as cheap as possible, and
> >as a side effect some of the columns can be somewhat misleading.
>
> Could it be (for reasons of prettyfication) clipped to [0-100] range?
> Something like in the attached?

It could, but IMO, leaving them unclipped will continue to show that
the numbers are complete apporimations and not to be depended upon..
If they were to always show 0-100%, people might start putting more
meaning into them than is really there (as phk enumerated in a previous
message)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579