Re: Synaptics support and suspend ?

From: Lars Engels <lars.engels_at_0x20.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:49:04 +0200
On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 06:02:25PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> On my T41p suspend (or rather: resume) does not work if I have
> enabled synaptics support in the psm driver.
>
> There is a t least one problem I can see: the sysctls are
> re-registered,
> but I don't know if that is the main problem.

Do you mean the hw.psm.synaptics_support tunable in the loader.conf?
On my 5.4-PRERELEASE notebook I had this set for the last months but as
I am still trying to get the extended functions of the pad working in
xorg I deactivated the tunable and did not see any changes in the
behaviour. With 5.3 I needed it to use the tapping function of the pad.

So, what is the situation like with the synaptics driver? Is thetunable
still needed with 5.4 or -CURRENT?

Lars