Re: kernel programming

From: FreeBSD Daemon <free.bsd_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:55:41 +0800
neuro_at_mail.fci.fsu.edu wrote:

> I was just wondering if there is a mailing list i'm un-informed about
> that deals with kernel programming.  I tried finding documentation via
> google but have found none.
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be nice.
> I could hack away from the kernel existing source code.
>
> sincerely,
> sahil r cooner

Well, first and foremost the source code, I'd say. For how to get it cf.
to the handbook chapter 19:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

And then there is a whole bunch of information of kernelprogramming in
the documentation:

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html

If you want to dive further into "The Design and Implementation of the
FreeBSD Operating System" you probably want to look at

http://www.aw-bc.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,0201702452,00.html

Zheyu