Re: FreeBSD 6 is coming too fast

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:04:35 +0200
Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> writes:
> I wish people would stop trying to deny that we have serious work in
> front of us to get the VFS and disk IO figures back to where they were
> before.

A great way to help getting this fixed would be to write automated
benchmarks and regression tests, or at least solid test protocols.
The documentation for these benchmarks and tests should clearly
explain which (part of a) real-life workload they are intended to
simulate.  These benchmarks and tests would serve a double purpose: as
hard evidence to back your arguments in discussions about performance
regressions, and as tools for developers who wish to do something
about such regressions.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no