Re: gmirror: Not all disks connected

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:36:11 +0200
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 01:50:16PM +0400, Toxa wrote:
+> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 09:30:18PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> > If you created gmirror giving first smaller disk and then connecting bigger
+> > one it should be ok. If disk which you want to insert is smaller than
+> > already existing components, gmirror should return an error, so this is
+> > probably not the case.
+>
+>
+> Well, as you can see, the disk I inserted was *a little* smaller, in
+> fact, it should be equal size of the first one, and gmirror accepted it
+> into gm0 *without any error*. But after final reboot it refused to attach it.
+> Changing disk order (creating new gm1 on smaller disk, then attaching
+> a bigger disk to gm1) solved this problem. So maybe this is a weird
+> bug...

I checked the code and there was a bug, but only when there was one sector
difference. So if in your case was 3 sectors, it should tell you that your
provider is too small:

	# mdconfig -a -t malloc -s 100
	md0
	# mdconfig -a -t malloc -s 103