Re: Too Evil, Too Furious

From: Eric Masson <e-masson_at_kisoft-services.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:58:52 +0200
wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul) writes:

Hi Bill,

> The cards that I can't seem to get my hands on are:
>
> - Marvell wireless -- supposedly D-Link used this on a card called the
>   DWL-G510, but only on the first revision. The second board revision
>   uses an Atheros chipset, which is already supported. Unfortunately, aside
>   from this one PCI card, this chipset tends to only show up as a built-in
>   component on motherboards or laptops, which makes it hard for me to just
>   go out and get one.

I fought with Marvell based cards recently (not mine, otherwise I would
already have shipped one to you).

They are made by Planet http://www.planet.com.tw/ and sold under part
numbers :
- WL-3563
- WL-8313

I've seen only one revision of the hardware, and available drivers from
Planet web site are for Marvell chipsets.

This is really El Cheapo solution, with crappy drivers, hope you can
find recent ndis 5.1 drivers elsewhere.

Éric Masson

--
 Toute non, seul une petite bande de macintoshiens résistent encore et
 toujours à l'envahisseur ouindoze. Leur force, ils la tirent de leur